New York Cosmos Add Defender Matt Lewis

New York Cosmos Add Defender Matt Lewis

New York Cosmos Add Defender Matt Lewis.

Defender Matt Lewis

The New York Cosmos announced today the signing of defender Matt Lewis.

"I'm stoked to be a part of the historic New York Cosmos," Lewis said.

"I'm anxious to meet the guys and start the journey. I feel I have a lot to prove. I want to bring my own brand of leadership, hard work, and attitude.

"I would like to thank Joe Barone, Carlos Mendes, and the coaching staff for giving me this opportunity and I plan to be a part of a championship."

Lewis began his professional career in 2018 when he was signed to a homegrown contract with Sporting Kansas City of Major League Soccer (MLS).

He played with the club's United Soccer League (USL) affiliate Swope Park Rangers, where he made 12 league appearances.

The 22-year old is no stranger to the New York area, having played collegiately for four years at Fordham University. He appeared in 84 games for the Rams, scoring five goals with five assists.

"Matt is a young player that we feel can really grow with us," Cosmos Senior Vice President Joe Barone said. "He knows the area well having played in college with Fordham and we believe he will be a great addition to our squad."

"We're excited to have Matt and feel he will be an impact player for us this season."

Cosmos coach Carlos Mendes said. "He's a defender who reads the game well and is comfortable on the ball.

"He's also familiar playing in New York after his standout career with Fordham, and we feel he can replicate that success as a member of our squad."

New York Cosmos News

Juan Arango

Soccerphile.com

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post